White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
These soft baked cookies are a wonderful indulgence. In fact, I had to gift half of the cookies to my daughter, just so I wouldn’t be tempted to “over-indulge”. They’re delicious! These soft buttery cookies have a nice crispy exterior and are filled with macadamia nuts and white chocolate chunks. Perfection in every bite!
Soft Baked Cookies
Don’t be confused by the term “soft baked”. There’s a cake type cookie, then there’s soft-baked, and the soft-baked are everything these White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies are about. There’s a place for a cake or crispy cookie, but this isn’t it – IMHO.
To help keep your cookies soft, this recipe uses plenty of brown sugar. Not only does it bring added richness, but it also helps keep the cookies soft.
Another pointer for soft baked cookies is to make sure you take them out of the oven when they’re just set. Slightly under baking will help keep the cookies soft. And, last but not least, don’t leave your cookies sitting on the hot cookie sheets. This will just keep them cooking longer, making for a crisper cookie. Remove the cookies to sturdy cooling racks as soon as they come out of the oven – maybe give them 1 minute, just so they don’t completely fall apart.
What You’ll Need for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies:
- granulated (white) sugar
- light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- baking soda
- white chocolate morsels or chunks
- macadamia nuts
How to Store Your Cookies:
These soft baked white chocolate cookies should be stored in an air-tight container. They’ll be fine at room temperature for several days, but you can also refrigerate them for up to a week.
The creamy texture and buttery flavor make macadamia nuts a delicious treat. They’re even better in these White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies! An added benefit – they’re actually good for you. Of course, we’re talking moderation, something I’m still working on.
According to Healthline: “Macadamia nuts are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. Their benefits may include weight loss, improved gut health, and protection against conditions like diabetes or heart disease.”
More of Our Favorite Recipes:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, light, packed
- 2 eggs, large, room temperature
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups white chocolate, morsels or chunks
- 1-1/2 cups Macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until very fluffy.
- Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking, soda, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, just until combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Drop dough, about 1-1/2" ball, onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 – 14 minutes until just set and lightly golden.
- Cool completely on wire racks.