Roasted Beet Salad
Roasting the beets helps to intensify their natural sweetness. This beet salad is easy to make and can be served chilled or room temperature. Tossed with a light touch of aged balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, its simplicity lets the natural goodness of the beets shine through.
1 bunch fresh beets
2 Tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
sea salt, to taste
snipped chives, garnish
- Wash the beets and trim off the ends. Blot dry with a paper towel.
- Place 1 beet in the middle of a piece of foil; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Wrap foil tightly around beet. Repeat with the other beets. Place on baking sheet and roast at 375° F for approximately 30 to 45 minutes, until tender.
- Remove from oven; let rest in foil for 10 minutes. When beets are cool enough to handle, peel and dice into small cubes.
- Toss beets with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sea salt. Snip chives over top for garnish.
- Serve at room temperature or chill if desired.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Microformatting by hRecipe.
How to Make Roasted Beet Salad
Start with one bunch of fresh beets. I usually use an old plastic cutting board when working with beets so they don’t stain my good wood boards.
Clean beets and trim ends.
Drizzle beets with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Wrap in foil. Roast at 375° for approximately 30 to 45 minutes or until the beets are just tender.
When beets are tender, remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
Cut beets into cubes and toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sea salt. Snip chives over top before serving.
Serve room temperature or chilled.