Many people think that popovers are difficult to make and are afraid to even attempt this impressive bread roll. Fortunately, this popover recipe is easy enough for even a beginner and they always turn out light, fluffy and delicious. If you do not have a popover pan, you can substitute custard cups or ramekins.
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c flour
1 c milk
1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Grease and flour a popover pan or 6 ramekins (6 oz).
- Slightly beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Beat in the flour, milk and salt just until batter is smooth; be careful that you do not overmix it.
- Preheat popover pan in hot oven for a couple of minutes; remove from oven and fill each cup about 1/2 full.
- Bake in center of oven at 425° F for 15 minutes. Turn the oven down to 350° F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove popovers from pan and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Microformatting by hRecipe.
How to Make Popovers
Popovers are easy to make and require only a few basic ingredients.
Stir the flour, milk and salt into the slightly beaten eggs.
Blend batter just until smooth. Be sure not to overmix.
Fill the prepared and preheated popover pan.
Bake popovers at 425° F for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 350° F and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
Serve popovers immediately. They are delicious with butter and jam.
Bake delightful popovers with crusty outsides and fluffy insides. Deep molds allow the batter to rise and puff to Popover perfection.
Bake delightful Popovers with crusty outsides and fluffy insides. Pan makes 12, 2.25″/5.5 cm round Popovers. Deep molds allow the batter to rise and…