Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Moist and delicious BBQ pulled pork made in the crock pot.
3 1/2 to 4 lb pork roast, shoulder or butt work best
2 onions, sliced
1 cup Ginger Ale (good quality makes a difference)
dash of liquid smoke (optional)
1 – 18oz bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Place half the sliced onions on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the pork roast on top of the onions and cover with the remaining onions; pour gingerale over the the roast. Cover; cook on LOW approximately 10 to 12 hours until roast is tender and falls apart easily. You might want to turn it over about halfway through the cooking time. If you have a small crock pot, this will help it cook more evenly.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. The liquid and onions can be discarded.
- Place the shredded pork back into the slow cooker, add BBQ sauce and stir to combine. Cook an addition 2 to 4 hours on LOW.
- Serve with buns and additional BBQ sauce. Pulled pork is also delicious over white rice or to make a BBQ pizza.
BBQ pulled pork sandwiches with oven roasted corn on the cob.
The leftover meat can be frozen as is or make sandwiches and freeze the individual sandwiches for a fast snack or meal on the go. To reheat a frozen sandwich: wrap sandwich in a damp paper towel and microwave on HIGH for one to two minutes.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 to 16 hours in slow cooker
Microformatting by hRecipe.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork,