This is an easy, moist pumpkin bread that is perfect for the holidays. I like to make several small loaves and use them in gift baskets or for after-school snacks for the kids. This pumpkin bread recipe can easily be adapted for pumpkin muffins as well.
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/2 c applesauce
2/3 c water
2-1/2 c sugar
3-1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg (freshly ground is best)
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour 3 loaf pans (7″ x 3″) or 8 mini loaf pans (6″ x 3-1/4″).
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, applesauce, water and sugar. Blend well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, freshly ground nutmeg, ground cloves and ground ginger. Make sure all the spices are well blended into the flour.
- Add the flour and spices to the pumpkin mixture and stir just until combined. Fill prepared pans. Place filled pans on baking sheet for easier handling.
- Bake full-size loaves for approximately 50 minutes and mini loaves about 30 minutes, until wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of loaf.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
Mix pumpkin puree with eggs, oil, applesauce, water and sugar until very well combined. Then, stir in dry ingredients.
Fill 3 regular loaf pans or 8 mini pans and place on baking sheet.
Cool loaves on wire rack.
Moist pumpkin bread with a perfect blend of spices.