Giving instructions on how to make a Panini is like trying to tell someone how to make a sandwhich. There is no right or wrong way, whatever you like can be put between some bread and grilled, but there are some classic ingredients that come to mind when thinking about a Panini. To get you started, I’ll show you one of my favorite combinations – the classic Panini.
2 slices of mozzarella
2 or 3 slices of roast turkey
3 or 4 balls of marinated fresh mozzarella
2 fresh basil leaves
2 fresh tomato slices
pinch of sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 – 2 tsp chipotle mustard
1 tsp olive oil
Heat Panini grill on sandwich setting.
- Brush outside of sturdy bread with olive oil.
- Layer mozzarella slices, roast turkey, tomato, bay leaves and fresh mozzarella on one slice of bread. Sprinkle with sea salt and a couple grinds of black pepper.
- Spread some chipotle mustard or other gourmet mustard on the other slice of bread and place on top of sandwich. Remember, both sides brushed with olive oil should be facing out.
- Place the sandwich carefully on the hot Panini maker and grill until cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown and nicely toasted. The top of the Panini grill should be lightly pressing down on the sandwich.
- Remove the grilled sandwich from the Panini press, cut in half and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 3 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
Microformatting by hRecipe.
Gather the ingredients for a delicious Panini
Brush two slices of bread with olive oil.
Add your favorite ingredients. There are a lot of great spreads and gourmet mustards that can add a lot of flavor to any type of sandwich. One of my favorites is the chipotle mustard.
Grill the Panini until the cheese is melted and the bread is nicely toasted. You can use a Panini press or a Breville grill like I’ve used here. I also added a skewer of grilled pineapple chunks to enjoy with my sandwich.
A grilled Panini makes a quick and delicious lunch or light supper. Get creative and try your favorite ingredients.
Here’s a great book to get your started making delicious Paninis.
Originally an Italian dish of grilled bread filled with meats and cheeses, panini have evolved in recent years to include everything from fresh produce…
Classic Grilled Panini Sandwich,